Polish Power Market Outlook 2018-2050
But with tightening emission standards from the EU’s Industrial Emissions Directive and the reform of the EU Emission Trading System the absolute dominance of coal-fired power generation in Poland could soon come to an end – despite (or due to) the introduction of a new market-wide capacity mechanism at the end of 2018.
In parallel the long-planned RES tenders for onshore wind, photovoltaics and biomass finally gain pace, and a substantial offshore wind pipeline is developed off the Polish coast in the Baltic Sea. These drivers prepare the ground for major changes in the Polish power sector that will readjust the framework for conventional and renewable generation assets in Poland and open up opportunities for new investments. Especially the Polish RES sector could profit from a future change in the power pricing regime, leading to increasingly market-driven RES investments in future.
Join us for this free webinar and learn about current and future drivers of the Polish Power Market.
1. Legal and regulatory framework for the Polish power market – status quo and outlook:
- Implementation and impacts of the Industrial Emissions Directive (IED/BREF)
- Capacity mechanism incentive system
- Renewable energy incentive system
2. Power market modelling & outlook until 2050:
- Key findings from a central power market scenario
- Implications for investment opportunities in
- Gas-fired capacities
The event has already taken place.
If you would like to receive further information from the webinar, please contact us.